Guildcrest has supported the use of energy efficient building practices for many years. Homes built with energy efficiency in mind not only consume fewer scarce natural resources; they are also more durable and comfortable for their occupants.
Guildcrests specifications include a number of features which promote energy efficiency, including such standards as:
- R-22 wall insulation (insulated cladding may be added)
- R-50 attic insulation
- Air tight wall and ceiling assemblies
- Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV) with ducted exhausts in the kitchen, bathroom(s) and laundry room
- "High performance" windows c/w low E, Argon gas filled thermopanes
- Insulated steel exterior doors
These features combine to deliver a durable, energy efficient home which will perform very well for most purchasers.
If you desire the "state-of-the-art" in energy efficient home construction, you may want to consider an ENERGY STAR home. Please click here if you would like to learn more about these energy efficient homes.